Born: September 23, 1745; Rockingham County, Virginia
Died: September 24, 1815; near Fort Decatur, Alabama
- John Sevier born in Rockingham County, Virginia.
- John Sevier marries Sarah Hawkins.
- John Sevier migrates to the Holston settlements in what is now Tennessee.
- John Sevier serves under George Washington in Lord Dunmore's War.
- John Sevier becomes a Lt. Colonel of North Carolina militia.
July - John Sevier is present at the siege of Fort Watauga.
- John Sevier is promoted to a Colonel of North Carolina militia.
- John Sevier marries Catherine Sherrill.
October 7 - John Sevier shares command at the Battle of King's Mountain, South Carolina.
March - John Sevier is elected Governor of the State of Franklin.
- John Sevier becomes a fugitive when the State of Franklin is declared illegal.
- John Sevier is elected to the North Carolina State Senate and pardoned.
March 4 - John Sevier begins serving in the First Congress and serves until March 3, 1791.
- John Sevier is elected the first Governor of Tennessee and serves until 1801.
- John Sevier is elected to another term as Governor of Tennessee and serves until 1809.
- John Sevier again serves in Congress.
September 24 - John Sevier dies near Fort Decatur, Alabama.
The Patriot Resource